The reality of wealth - "RICHNESS IS WHEN YOU NEED NO MORE"
In 1923, eight of the wealthiest people in the world met. Their combined wealth, it is estimated, exceeded the wealth of the government of the
at that time. United States
These men certainly knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth. But let's examine what happened to them 25 years later.
1. President of the largest steel company, Charles Schwab, lived
on borrowed capital for five years before he died bankrupt.
2. President of the largest gas company, Howard Hubson, went insane.
3. One of the greatest commodity traders, Arthur Cutton, died insolvent.
4. President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney, was sent to jail.
5. A member of the President's Cabinet, Albert Fall, was pardoned from jail to go home and die in peace.
6. The greatest "bear" on Wall Street, Jessie Livermore, committed suicide.
7. President of the world's greatest monopoly, Ivar Krueger,
8. President of the Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser, committed suicide.
What they forgot was how to make a life!
Money in itself is not evil!
Money provides food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, clothes for the needy.
Money is only a medium of exchange.
We need two kinds of education. One that teaches us how to make a living and one that teaches us how to live.
There are people who are so engrossed in their professional life that they neglect their family, health, spiritual life and social responsibilities.
If asked why they do this they would reply that they were doing it for
their family. Our kids are sleeping when we leave home. They are sleeping when we come home. Twenty years later, we'll turn back, and they'll all be gone.
Without water, a ship cannot move. The ship needs water, but if the water gets into the ship, the ship will face problems. What was once a means of living for the ship will now become a means of destruction.
Similarly we live in a time where earning is a necessity but let not the
earning enter our hearts, for what was once a means of living will be
become a means of destruction.
So take a moment and ask yourself ....has water entered my ship?RICHNESS is not Earning More, Spending More Or Saving More, but "RICHNESS IS WHEN YOU NEED NO MORE""Happiness is a state of mind, and its a choice:do not wait for it fromothers or from circumstances.Its always from YOU!"