Monday, October 12, 2009

My Mid-Autumn Festival



My Mid-Autumn Festival on 3 Oct 09

I have not been writing for quite a while due to my commitment with volunteering works. Like in the past, every year during this period, my family will gather to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival.

This year, the gathering was held at my apartment. I catered buffet dinner for my family members, friends and relatives. I do not see my brother and sisters very often, but when come to festive seasons, birthday celebration and Mother's Day, we will meet each other.

Rain

The food came at 6:30pm that day. The sky is quite dark then, so we did not set up the buffet fully but leave the food under shelter near the poolside. By 7pm, the sky is clear and I decided to set up the buffet and warm up the food. Shortly after we set up the buffet, rain came. I moved one the big umbrella at the poolside to shelter the food hoping the rain will stop. By 7:30pm, the rain gets heavier. I activated my brother-in-laws and nephew to help to move the food to our driveway. Once this was done, all of us started having our dinner.

Rest of the Evening

All of us enjoyed having the buffet dinner. A lot of fried rice and mee goreng were left. The children were seen running around the carpark and poolside the whole night.

Have a nice day.

1 comment:

Passionate About Baking said...

It always feels good to have gatherings with siblings. I enjoy such events very much too! There's always a reason to organise and look forward to!