Saturday, October 13, 2012

Help At Events for the less fortunates

Help At Events for the Less Fortunates

I have been helping with Apex Club of Singapore-City and Firefly Mission in organising events for at least 5 years. The more I do, the more I get myself familiar with the needs of the less fortunates especially the aged.
The last being the monthly home visit to the Bukit Batok Home For The Aged on 7 Oct 12. It is the first time we have live band entertaining the residents. I also did a Mid-Autmn Festival Celebration on 29 Sep 12 at Institute Of Mental Health.
My objective is very simple, at the end of the event, I hope to bring some happiness for the less fortunates. I also hope volunteers who came to help up are satisfied and happy with their participation after the evet. I will try to gather feedback after each event to make the next event even better.

What I normally have for the less fortunates are usually songs, dance and games, on top of snacks, drinks and lunch/dinner. I have my own sound systems and coreless microphone. My brother-in-law also bought me a karaoke player with more than 10,000 songs to choose from. I also did a few such event in Batam for the less fortunates there.

I am usually very busy during Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival and Christmas.
Anyone who need my help can let me knows. I will do my best if I am available to help.
e-mail ychaoloy@singnet.com.sg

No comments: