Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year (Year of Dragon)

"This New Year, I am alive." What this means, you should understand that it means : "This year I should be a better human being than I was in past years. This year, I should be a better human being."

by above is by Lama Zopa Rinpoche

I picked up a copy of the newsletter of Amitabha Buddhist Centre on 23 Jan 12 at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza. While reading it, I came across the above statement. I think it is very true and we can follow. Looking back in Year of Rabbit. I have been involved in a number of volunteer activities. I was busy during CNY, Mid-autumn Festival and Christmas especially. Not forgetting the giving of groceries to the poor on Sat. Before Sep 11, I only help on alternate Sat, after Sep 11, I have helping on every Sat. One Sat at Toa Payoh and one Sat at Bt Merah. Being human, I do felt tired at times, but after I think back, able to help others is better than being help by others. No complaint.

Hope I can more this year, the sky is not the limit.

No comments: