Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tg Pinang 24 - 25 Nov 2011

The last time I traveled to Tg Pinang, Indonesia, is more than 20 years ago. Since I have not been there for so long, I thought it will be good to go back there and see how is the place there now.
(picture taken before our dinner at the Chinese restaurant)
Cost is only S$145 for twin-sharing room. Ferry from Tanah Merah ferry terminal depart at 8:50am. There are only 3 of us going in this trip. I can park my car overnight at the ferry terminal, it cost about S$35. Journey from Tanah Merah to Tg Pinang is between 90 minutes to 120 minutes.

FOOD

Lunch, Dinner and breakfast are included in the package. The lunch at a Java restaurant was good. Seafood dinner in a Chinese restaurant near the sea was also good.

RELAX

We went for massage at a shop called Mona Lisa. It only cost S$12 per hour. My wife went to do her nails after massage. 2 ladies did for her for over an hour, it only cost about S$15. I also had my hair cut and washed for S$5.

ENDING

For a 2 days get away from Singapore is fine but do not expect too much as the place is not as clean as here in Singapore. At the ferry terminal before returning, someone came to help carry our luggage and the things you bought all the way into the ferry, the guy asked for S$10 or Rp60,000 for the service provided.

No comments: